Saturday, October 24, 2015

Friday, October 23, 2015.

October 23, 2015 pm Sunset 6:10 pm Hunting closes: 6:40 pm Temperature: 63 degrees. Wind: N-NE 10-15 mph.   Mostly cloudy and raining. I has to work today so I didn't get out until 3:20 pm.  I decided to give the oak tree above fort field a shot. Earlier in the day, I adjusted the stand so that it was facing east.  I was in position with both decoys by 3:30 pm. At 6:05 pm, I had 2 big does come from the NW. About 5 minutes later another for came down as well. She split off and went to the north.  Thebother 2 stayed about 50 yards to the north of me. The eventually worked their way down the hill and to the east of me. When they did that the spotted the decoys. They both ended up about 15-20 yards away. The decoys worked awesome. They did get down wind of me and spooked to the north. At dark (6:40), another doe came down from the NE. She stayed up the hill from me about 40 yards out staring at the decoys. When I got up and fathered my gear to get down, she trotted off to the NW. Totals: 4 deer. 4 does.

No comments: