Sunday, December 13, 2009

Saturday, December 13, 2009 p.m.

Saturday, December 13, 2009 p.m., 28 degrees, cold, wind S at 10-15 mph, sunset 4:32 p.m. (Hunting closes 5:02 p.m). After check the camera this morning I decided to get out. Nothing big, but a couple of smaller bucks did survive. I decided to brave the cold and went out to the ladder stand. I got in at 3:15 p.m. All I can say is it was cold. We have about 10-12" of snow on the ground and the wind just cut through your skin. I didn't see anything while I was in the stand, even as Arlie fired up the combine to cut his corn field. My corn is still standing. It works as a great wind block for my driveway, but it is also a great hiding place for the deer. I did have a deer (doe) come out of the corn and run past where the pole shed is being built. That was it. Totals: Bob - 0 deer.

No comments: