Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday, November 4, 2022 am

Friday, November 4, 2022 am Sunrise 7:50 am. Hunting opens at 7:20 am. Temperature 52 degrees. Wind: N 5-10 mph. Mostly cloudy. Light rain at times. I decided to get out for a hunt this morning. I wanted to give the Arlie’s Food plot stand a try. The ground was pretty damp from the rains overnight, so it was pretty easy getting to the stand quietly. At 7:35 am, a small 4 pointer came into the food plot from the north about 60 yards away. He cruised through and headed off to the east. At 8:20 am, I saw a small doe with a nice 2 1/2-3 1/2 year old 8-10 pointer following a doe about 100 yards to the west of me traveling from north to south. They had to travel close to Arlie’s Knob stand. At 9:10 am, I had a nice doe on the trail 30 yards to the SW of me. Instead of coming down the trail into the food plot. She headed up the the west. At 9:25 am, I was getting kind of chilly, so I grabbed a fleece out of my bag. I ended up spooking a doe that was 75 yards to the east of me up the hill to the east. Sat until 11:00 am. Totals: 5 deer. 3 does and 2 bucks.

No comments: