Saturday, September 18, 2021

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Saturday, September 18, 2021 am Sunrise: 6:54 am Hunting opens at 6:24 am. Temperature 46 degrees. Mostly sunny Wind: S-SE 0-2 mph. Bow hunting opener. Super pumped. I decided to head to the newly built Apple Tree stand. It is about 6 feet higher in the tree so it makes for a steeper angle on the shot, but it is much bigger and more comfortable. It didn’t take long. At 6:50 am, I looked to the SE and there was a beautiful mature 10 pointer that was thrashing a willow tree about 100 yards away. I grunted to him a few times but he walked off to the north. Closest he got was 75 yards away. At 7:20 am, I heard something behind me and a doe and fawn came through from behind me. They circled around the stand at 10 yards and headed off to the north. With that big 10 pointer in the area, I didn’t want to mess around with her especially since Heidi will be out tonight. I stayed until 9:15 am. Totals: Bob 3 deer, 1 buck and 2 does.

No comments: