Friday, July 20, 2012

7-20-12 VAT GONE!




Well, it is a sad day.  I went down to check the food plots today as many were destroyed during the floods last month.  I am in the process of rebuilding them so that they will attract some deer this fall.  When I got down to the VAT food plot, this is what I saw. Complete destruction.  (see pictures) The entire tree (an old oak) had fallen down.  At least it fell to the SE and did not further destroy the food plots.  We will now have to buy a portable ladder stand to replace it.  I think we can move it to a tree that is about 15 yards to the west of where the VAT was.  The only good things is the boys will be happy as we are going to be cutting and dragging out fire wood next Sunday, July 29, 2012.  There is a ton of wood that will keep their places warm during the winter.  More to come.  Buckslayer OUT!

1 comment:

Mindi Kay said...

Sad day is right! One of the best stands, so easy to sneak into and comfy. :( You will be missed VAT!