Monday, May 18, 2009

Morels Mushroom Madness


May 14-18, 2009. The morel Mushrooms are going crazy in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. On Thursday night after work, I decided to sneak out and take a look around my property in Minnesota. After only two hours of searching, I found over 6 lbs of morels. The next day, I went back out and found 3 more pounds in about 1 1/2 hours. Jon Lipps came down on Friday evening and we drove down to Wisconsin to try our luck there. After spending the night at Romance, we drove south to Copper creek. Lon, Sue, Jon and I went out and we hit the jackpot. In 3 hours, we found 32.8 lbs of Morels. (see attached)The largest mushroom was 7/10th of a pound. Lon found one tree and brought us over to it. Under this tree alone, we found a staggering 6.4 lbs of morels. I have been eating them like crazy, give several away, and also started drying them. I am going to had back down to Wisconsin next weekend. I hope to do some more fishing and hopefully find a few more morels. Keep you posted. Buck slayer OUT!

3 comments:

Mindi Kay said...

And introducing them to Miss Miley- who, at 1 years old, LOVES them! Thanks to Uncle Bob's delicious recipe!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, serious mushrooms there! Congrats on the "Mother" load or should I say loads. Does this mean the Asparagus patches are unatteneded now?

Anonymous said...

Wow man, the morrel that Lon is holding looks like something off of the Smurfs!