Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 p.m.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008 p.m., 17 degrees, mostly sunny, wind NW 0-2 mph, sunset 4:22 p.m. (Hunting closes 4:52 p.m). After 5-6" of snow over the last few days (3" last night), I figured it was time to get back out. I went down in the valley with the intention of going to the Fish Bowl, but there were just too many fresh tracks by the Apple Tree stand, so I went there. I was all settled in by 3:20 p.m. At 4:00 p.m., I saw two does about 150 yards to the north of me on Arlie' heading up the hill to the east. About 1 minute later one of them turn around and sprinted back across the pasture to the west. I am not sure why she was running? At 4:35 p.m., I had 3 does come from the west and cross the creek going east up the hill about 75 yards to the north of me. They must have gone right past the fish bowl stand. Oh well. That was it from the stand. It sure stays light out with all the snow. On my way in, 3 does were walking across my soy bean field to the north. Nice evening for this late in the season. I am already excited to get back out there. Totals: Bob - 5 deer, 5 does, 3 more does on way in.

No comments: